Boutique Salon & Day Spa
Relax - Refresh - Renew
Experience A Shear Encounter Boutique Salon & Day Spa where beauty, comfort, knowledge and personalized attention are combined to create a totally rejuvenating and memorable experience.
Our focus has moved to a higher level in caring for your health, beauty and well being than just pampering you. We offer a place where you're honored. At A Shear Encounter customer service is more than a promise, it's our culture.
A Message Of Welcome & Safety To Our Guests
A Shear Encounter is a salon you have grown to trust. Please be assured we are following all CDC and State of Illinois guidelines to keep our staff and guests safe. Please know that in the 35 years of our business, A Shear Encounter has proudly practiced and aheared to the lastest salon industry best practices and guidlines. As you have come to respect by witnessing, we do not compromise on anything at A Shear Encounter.
We ask for PATIENCE. Lots and lots of patience! We know everyone wants in and everyone wants accommodations, we will be booking with our industry guidelines.
We will be doing our absolute very best to accommodate everyone and as efficiently as we can. It will take time for our receptionists to make all the necessary calls and make all of the bookings happen. Rest assured it will be done!
Please understand that it will take some time as we adhere to the temporary State of Illinois guidlines that dictate limits in the amount of clients and stylists able to be interacting at one time.
Phase 2 Reopening Our Salon
Know Before You Go...UPDATED 11/10/20
- Guests and employees will be required to wear masks. Masks are mandatory to enter (Earloop Masks Only)
- Guests will be required to sanitize their hands when entering the salon
- Your temperature will be taken, as well as our staff
- There is a COVID liability waiver that will need to be signed before services can be provided
- Please be mindful of the 6 ft social distancing when applicable
- IN PHASE 2 OF OUR RE-OPENING, WE ARE SHAMPOOING AND BLOWDRYING, *WE ARE FULL SERVCIE!
- We must sanitize and disinfect our work space for 10 min between our guests, and this takes time
- We will be disinfecting other high traffic areas
- There will be no food or beverage service at this time
- Only 1 guest at a time at reception desk
- You will continue to receive either text or email confirmations
- For your convince, A Shear Encounter will continue to accept cash, check, and charge. Gratuities must be cash only***
- Due to additional preparations for our guests, there will be a $3 service fee